Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Look Ma! I'm adding to my income!

A few days ago I had mentioned that with my year end bonus not being what I thought it would be, I need to get a little more money in each month. I've been looking at a few sites and reading a LOT of reviews to make sure they're all legit. I'm been test driving some. One of the only ones that really seems to be doing me a world of good is Cash Crate. I have made $27.34 in the last five days doing next to nothing. I can only assume how well I would do if I really put in the effort.

I've put in enough time doing it to be able to post here to tell you how it works and how you can be successful at it because I screwed up a few things and it cost me about $30 in unconfirmed surveys. Sometimes, I just rush into things. I am going to keep at this one because it's easy and almost like a game. I hope to be able to bring in $150 a month with this alone.

1) Sign up at Cash Crate. It doesn't take long. Make sure that you're ready for the amount of spam emails. I have a gmail account that I use solely for this blog and ALL the unwanted email goes into my spam box. Gmail does a great job.

2) The easiest way to make money fast is to do the surveys. You can choose what you do. Most range from $.40 to $.75. That doesn't seem like a lot but it takes a very short time and they add up. I can do 10 of them while watching a TV show. Doing that once a day will get me to my goal of $150 a month. But there are some things you need to know.

  • You need to delete your cookies after EVERY survey. There are many surveys from the same company. The company checks for cookies in order to confirm the survey. If you take 5 surveys from one company, they only see it as one. Delete your cookies and you will get credit for all. I tested it last night and it works.
  • Do the surveys that say "fill in the form" of "register for free," first. I have found those to be the quickest, taking only about two minutes. After about two screens they will start to show you a bunch of offers. If you see something that says "Thanks for registering," just close the window, you're done. If not, you can skip all of these by clicking the "Skip" button at the bottom or the "No, thanks. Continue," button at the top until you get to the end.

3) I have also made a good amount of money in one fell swoop doing three free offers. You can search for these. It's riskier because if you forget about your free trial period, you'll end up paying if you don't quit the program before it's up. I did Netflix, Stamps.com, and UseNext. About 8 bucks each. These may take longer to confirm. Here's the big tips.

  • Read the terms of agreement first to see how you need to cancel.
  • I made a spreadsheet to keep track of them. Who I signed up with, what my log in is, how I need to cancel, and by when I need to cancel in order to not be charged.

What's nice is that some of the offers are really quite good. I'm going to try out Netflix for 2 weeks. I have three movies coming today. After I watch them, I'll send them back and cancel. So, I just got three free movie rentals!

All in all, I'm impressed with Cash Crate. You can set your payout limit to whatever you want. I set mine to $100 to keep me motivated to reach that goal. I'll be keeping you posted on how it's going at the beginning of each month when I post my previous month's earmings for my extra programs. Good luck and have fun with it. Earn lots of dough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck young lady I shall follow with interest..the crate thing sounds intriguing

JesieBlogJourney said...

Does doing surveys increase the number of junk mails to your inbox or bulk mail?

Little Dough Girl said...

Thanks for the comment Jesie. It definitely adds to you email. But, I have gmail and they have the BEST spam filter. I don't even see the junk mail. I'd sign up with gmail and use that account solely for the surveys. You'll never have to wade throughy much in you inbox but your spam filter will stay full. I've seen no increase in my regular post mail!