Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This ain't easy.

I'm a week in to 2008 and I think I'm doing okay so far. I must say that being a fiscally responsible as possible is very draining. The good part is that I am doing much more thinking before spending than I used to, which is good. The bad part is that I am worrying and analyzing way more than I want to.

I'm still not fully caught up on some folly of 2007. I have a few bills that are past due. Nothing major. Nothing that would affect my credit score but things like DirecTV and the electric bill. I should have this taken care of by the end of the month but it's still giving me that unsettled feeling that I hated all last year. I still feel like I'm juggling and the balls could land on my head at any minute.

I worry about not having a cushion. Some of the money saving victories are a great start and I am so happy about it. But I worry about the "what if" bill and that is a dangerous thought. I am going to try not to let it get me down. I am certain I will feel better as soon as the end of themonth comes and I am moe on track with my bills. I hate that 2007 is lingering a little into 2008. I just want to be done with that year! Enough of that. I'm off to go pay a cable bill and an electric bill!

No comments: