Sunday, August 2, 2009

How July looked for me.

I started back with this blog the middle of last month and set some goals to start. The biggest was just to make $5 a day through the end of the month. The only problem with this has been my utter lack of ability to check all of my different methods on a daily basis to see if I was successful. I did set our everyday to make it work and I did A LOT.

Adsense has been pretty good for me. Well, by my standards. A dollar and a half here and there is just fine for me. As I have been spending a good deal of time trying to grow the readership of this blog, I have been focusing on some GPT (get paid to) sites and PTC (paid to click) sites. There is a gaggle of them out there. Some good, some not so good. Tomorrow, I'm going to break that down for you and tell you what I think and what is worth your time and not worth your time.

Ebates is a genius idea and I am SO glad I found it. I not only saved a bunch of money on gift cards that will save me money at some restaurants I love, but they have an amazing referral program. You get $5 every time someone you refer signs up and uses the service just once. If you get three people, they double it to $10. That's $30 easy. Let me tell you, it's an easy thing to get friends and family to use. Go sign up and get $5 just for doing it. You can cash out any time you reach $5.01.

I am trying to reduce my household bills and took the advice of a reader and applied for a new credit card to transfer my incredibly high percent rate balance to. I chose an airline card that had great rewards and 0% interest on balance transfers for 6 months. As I want to have the card paid off in that time, it works. It will also help me with future planning as I'd like to travel more but for less in the future. Right now, I don't do any traveling really.

Survey sites have been very helpful in meeting the daily goal. I got one survey from Survey Savvy that paid $8. They, by far, have the highest payout and no minimum payout so a check is on it's way to me. Your Free Surveys is another one I like a lot because you can check their website for new surveys all the time. They pay well and I have $18.85 in my account toward the $30 cash out.

Essentially, I'm just trying to find as many different ways to make some of that money in the spare minutes I have here and there throughout the day. It builds slowly but surely, which is fine by me as long at it's building. I feel like that damn tortoise...

No comments: