Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A new level of excitement!

It's been a busy few days! I mentioned earlier that I have started a greeting card business that I am really excited about. The great news is that it is working and really fun! I love this company. I have made a few realizations in the last few days about trying to make money at home or online.

It doesn't need to be hard and time consuming. I am spending very little time a day on this and it's quality communication over quantity. For example, my business is greeting cards. I send greeting cards. I make money sending greeting cards. I show others how to make money sending greeting cards. Really, that's it. I send one heartfelt and unexpected card a day to someone and include an informational DVD if I think they might be interested. I call back a few days later and check in. If they are interested, I sign them up with a gift account. If not, I just move on. Lather, rinse, repeat.

You don't need to spend a lot of money on inventory. I've seen so many friends that have spent their hard earned money on Silpada jewelry, Pampered Chef products, HerbalLife samples, etc. It ends up taking space in their house and they have to cart it around everywhere. The return on the investment isn't strong because people make a one time purchase and then the deal is over. The sales rep now needs ot start all over again with the next party.

You don't need to spend hours in front of a computer. Oh, the time I have spent filling out surveys. Creating those email accounts and hitting radio buttons all day long. It's exhausting. I still think that if you can get a good line of referrals from a mass form of communication it can work. But trying to get a referral here and then is just deflating.

On that note, small successes and payouts keep the mind motivated. I have been doing the greeting card business for two weeks and have my first sign up. $120 commission. Done. Now I'm more excited than ever and want to keep going!

Lastly, support is the key. I have a team leader that is amazing and willing to help me every step of the way. He helps me do gift account walk throughs, keeps me motivated, invites me to coffee socials with other team members and passes tips along to me. It has been integral to getting this started right.

It's nice to have something that I feel good about. A product that is geared toward making people feel good. I can stand behind that. That sells itself. I'm doing somethng that make me happy and makes others happy. How can I go wrong?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is some useful information about Greeting card i like it ...
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Cards