Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I'm getting a Sirius ulcer

I mentioned earlier that I put $25 a week into my Sharebuilder account. For the last few months, the stock of my choice has been Sirius. I bought a bit of it a while ago and it has been in the crapper for a good while now. Then all of this talk of the Sirius/XM merger kept poking and poking at me. So, I set out to buy a bit while it was cheap. It's currently at $3.05. When it hit $3.81 a few weeks ago it made me giggle like an 8th grader cheerleader.



I own 653 shares with a market value of $1,991. I was just reading over on Make Mad Money Work that Jim Cramer believes the merger will be a go in the first quarter and the stock will take off from there and should be sold at $6. Oh, how I would love this to be so!

On the other hand, I'm certain that there are plenty folks out there that think I am wasting my time. I don't like those people. The first time I went to Las Vegas to gamble I sat down at a roulette table. I had never played and asked a nice gentleman to show me what the hell the do. He said, "It's very simple. You minimum bid is $5. Put $1 chip on 5 numbers and never change. The minute you change, your number will hit." I did what he said. I won over $200. I think of this is the same way.

I think this merger is going to go through. I have been watching it for a while. I just have to wring my hands for a little bit longer, it seems. In the meantime, I want to find that solar energy stock to buy when I sell Sirius. Then I can commence wringing my hands over that.

No comments: