Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting the plan rolling

Some much time, so little to do. Strike that. Reverse it.



New Year's is my favorite day. It makes new beginning's, clean slates, fresh starts. Right now I'm gearing up for the big day. I've got a lot to do to get my finances in line in order to feel like I can hit the ground running. I'm working on some budgeting today and will be working on this blog a bit. I only created it last night so there is so much tweaking to do.



So, I figured I'd tell you all what to expect here! Full disclosure. I'm letting you right into my statements, so to say. Like I said, it's about accountability. I am generally pretty good at finances, saving and investing. This year, because of the divorce, I never got started on solid ground. This blog will track my income, spending and investing. I'll share info on where I am, what I'm paying for and what I'm saving. It's much harder to justify buying expensive designer shoes when I know you guys could come finger shaking!



I read a lot and find fabulous tools and articles on saving money or investing or cutting costs. I'll share those too. In the next few days, I'll be doing some stage setting. I'll be painting as clear of a picture of who I am and what I do and what my financial situation is. The goal here is financial freedom. Not worrying about bills, retirement, balances, college funds, etc. I refuse to be a slave to my bank account and paycheck any longer!

No comments: